- Total GDP and GDP/capita are both up in 2007 on 2006.
- Same for exports and imports.
- Many of the "Principal Government and Party Officials" are new after the 11th NPC.
- Some numbers that were previously spelled have been are now just written.
- Though the State Department's 2007 Human Rights Practices and International Religious Freedom Reports on China appears to use the exact same language to report on abuses in China as the 2006 report did, "the United States and China agreed to resume ... formal human rights dialogue, with the understanding that the discussions need to be constructive [emphasis added, but unsure if it actually means anything]."
- China is "undertaking efforts in coordination with the United States and others to better regulate the problem" of tainted or substandard goods. In the old Notes, China had only recognized "that up to 20% of the country's products are substandard or tainted."
- Added, "China has pledged to hold the first-ever carbon-neutral Olympic Games."
- The number of countries maintaining diplomatic relations with Beijing has risen from 167 to 171, and the number of countries maintaining diplomatic relations with Taiwan has fallen from 24 to 23.
- They corrected the stat to the US being the "sixth-largest foreign investor in China." Question, what are the British Virgin Islands doing at the number 2 spot? Tax shelter investments?